Saturday, May 31, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
You can also find the link on my profile - both blogs are listed there.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
13 things on Thursday I'm happy / excited about:
1. Seeing SITC tomorrow night.
2. Zumba class tonight
3. Getting some new Nikes.
4. My credit score is now officially "VG" = Very Good. Phew! (had some issues last year)
5. Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay
6. My homeade salad dressing.
7. It's almost 5:00
9. The new plants on my porch
10. My floors - I can't stress enough how much I love my new floors!
11. Kasey Kahne hopefully making a come back
12. The pedicure I'm giving myself tonight.
13. My family and friends - old and new!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
If you havent' tried Wii yet, it really is fun. But the Wii Fit takes it to a whole other level. They have many different activities to try from, such as yoga, boxing, step aerobics, strength training etc. But before you begin all these fun activies, the Wii makes you step on the box and PRESTO! Wii Fit becomes a scale and BMI measurer. When you stand on the box, and it's calculating your weight, this voice goes "Oh!" which sounds like "Oh my God! You're fat!" Then, it recalculated the size of my little icon girl (who looks just like me - or apparently not) and made her FAT. Seriously, they stretched my icon out so I was "proportionate" - I shrunk and got larger overall. And the worst part is I was standing next to M's icon girl, who was tall and skinny! I almost threw the Wii took in the TV but since their High Def TV is the size of my bedroom I thought better of it.
Oh Wii Fit. Why must you be so brutally honest??? But alas, you ARE a good workout and a lot of fun. I recommend it if you already have Wii but before you strap on your workout shoes, put on some thick skin!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Don't want to jinx it, but I must say I am intrigured. We shall see, we shall see! :)
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Next week is vacation beach week - I'm excited but yet I know I'll probably gain a few pounds. Unlike the past years, I'm really not worried. I'm gonna enjoy myself and then when I get back, I can get right back on the ole bandwagon.
Only thing that makes me sad is I'm gonna miss the All Stars race and the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte for the first time in a few years. :'( Hopefully my boys that are going will send me lots of updates, pictures and maybe even bring me a "searcy"! And if ya'll are reading this, Kasey Kahne or Elliott Sadler will do just fine.... :)
Monday, May 12, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
So, "it" apparently is my AC unit leaking, and apparently the line is clogged somewhere between my indoor unit and the neighbor below me. And yep, she's not home so the repair guy can't get into her house (We own the units, so no one can get it there except the home owner.)
Thankfully, he was able to rig my unit with a hose so that it drains into my toilet for now and I won't sweat to death this weekend. (I had to restrain myself from kissing him when he said he could do that) But, until I can get a hold of my neighbor and get this mess fixed I can't leave. Oh well. I'd rather this happen this weekend instead of next weekend when I leave for my REAL beach trip to Edisto. I'm slightly disapointed about missing Frip and seeing my friends, but I'd have been REALLY upset if this had happened next weekend.
I'm off to unpack my beach bag (sniff) and make plans to watch the Darlington race tomorrow night!
Update: Unit is fixed, no more leaking. YAY! I just opened a bottle of wine to celebrate ;)
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
1) Neutrogena Make up Remover Cloths - These cloths are wonderful and leave your face silky soft. You almost feel as though you don't need moisturizer after you use them (although I do, like a good 30 something year old girl should do!)
2) Loreal Volume Shocking Mascara (Waterproof) - My biggest problem with mascara in general is that it always seems to "run" down and smudge under my eye. I'm that girl that is always asking everyone "do I have raccoon eyes??" And let's face it - in the summer time in the South, it's hot, muggy and I need some damn good mascara. Well, I wore this mascara all last summer, and it never once gave me raccoon eyes. Halleluja!
3) Coppertone Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 30 - I'm a fair skinned gal, so I burn easily in the sun. And I'm a pro at putting on sunscreen and missing a spot. Thus - the "splotch" look. So, when Coppertone came out with this a few summers ago, I was overjoyed! No more splotchy! Easy, neat and feels reeeeeeally good when you spray it on.
4) My new Vera Bradley purse - A belated Christmas gift from my cousin! Can you believe it? I just love it because it goes with just about everything. Dang, I better start shopping now for their christmas gift for next year!
5) Jockey capri yoga pants - I love these capri pants I bought at the Jockey outlet a few months ago. I loved them so much I went back and bought 2 more pair. They are the perfect length and they are sooooo comfortable! This picture is not the exact pair that I have but very similar.
What's on your "I'm loving this" or "gotta have it" list for the summer?
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Yep, you guessed it. Uncle T.O.M. knocked on the door a little while ago. Must you bring your friends Mr. Binge Eater, Ms. Bloating, and Mr. Crampy Pants with you????
Sunday, May 4, 2008
This is going to be a crazy week work wise, but I hope to get in at least 3 days of fitness this week at the Y (check!) and then I'm heading to the beach Thursday after work to stay with a few friends . We have already made plans to take walks on the beach, so I hope to get in at least 2 of those. Other goals: drink lots of water and stay on track with eating healthy. This past weekend I did ok - the worst part was the coconut cake I dove into. But it was my aunt's homeade cake. Can you blame me?!?!?! Mmmm.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Also, my cousin is graduating college (gawd, I feel old), and my mom and I are headed to Chattanooga this weekend. I'm looking forward to spending time with family members I haven't seen in a while.
And in case any bad person reads this and thinks "cool, she's out of town! I'm gonna rob her house!" my neighbor packs heat and he knows how to use it, buddy.