Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- I went to a Greek Festival in town with Mr. P. and ate lots of yummo food. But they ran out of Baklava. I was so bummed!
- My cell phone was submerged in a cup of water for a few seconds. I thought it might make it but it’s been acting up. Those razors are pretty sturdy though. And rats! I have to wait til December for an upgrade.
- I leave on Friday for a Girl’s Weekend in Hilton Head with a few of my bestest. Be prepared for some fun silly pics to be posted next week.
- I rearranged my new office at work. It looked so bland and boring. So I went pilfering through the office stash and found some cute Charleston prints. I used to live in Charleston for a few years back in college, and so that’s perfect! Score.
- The other day my gas light was on, and I went out during lunch to look for gas. Station 1: No gas. Station 2: No gas. Station 3: A few pumps working, lines were crazy. Moral of the story: Start looking for gas before your gas light comes on!
- I woke up with a sore throat this morning and now I’m eating Coldeez like they are going out of style.
- I went to kickboxing last night and we had a sub teacher. She’s pretty entertaining, and at one point she played MC Hammer “Can’t touch this.” Which is where my friend A broke out into the running man. Yep, you know the one. I almost peed myself. There is never a dull moment in kickboxing class!
- My new co-workers are awesome! They are a riot and even got into helping me with my office decorating. Several of the girls are going out country line dancing soon, and they invited me to go with them. That made me feel good – and it should be hilarious!
- Mr. P. and I had a fabulous weekend together. We went to the festival together, shared some dessert at a favorite spot, he cooked for me again (I'm getting spoiled!) and we just drove around town. He showed me where his grandmother lives…he takes good care of her. At one point, he reached over to kiss me, and told me that I make him very happy.
- He makes me happy too.. :) (This gag-me-with-a-spoon moment is brought to you by Mr. P)
PS Remember the night I went out to the Greek restaurant and had all those shots and there were belly dancers? Here's a pic from that night...
Here's to good girlfriends...Opa!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I thought it might be fun - she has some crazy fun readers! So I ask ya'll to please go visit her blog on Friday and read my post...don't let me down now! I don't wanna be embarrassed and all. So please? Here is some a little (ahem, big) searcy to convince you...I am not above bribery...
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
But believe me...I'm gonna be very careful about that at first. You never know when they might decide to look into the new girl's files. I hope I can wow them and dazzle them with my mad skills so they'll never feel the need though. But it's not like I was blogging and facebooking all day at my old job. Just HALF the day. I kid...I kid...But I don't wanna get fired my first week on the job. That would kinda suck, wouldn't it?
The moral of all this is if you don't hear from me as much lately, it's because my blogging time (reading, posting, and commenting) has been cut in half for right now now. But don't ya'll go anywhere. I WILL hunt you down.
Day 2 was better - this job is gonna be a tad stressful but I think in the long run I am going to ultimately love it. At least I hope so!
I did go on a date with my other pal "Jim" tonight. He treated me to a round of kickboxing and after a very sweaty "date", I am now at home having a glass of wine and thinking about my next date...when I will see Mr. P in about an hour from now... :)
Monday, September 15, 2008
My friend C sent me flowers today as well. How sweet!
Have you ever…
1. gone on a blind date?Yes, Mr. P was a blind date.
2. skipped school? Only once in high school and many times in college. (I lived near the beach could you blame me?)
3. watched someone die?Yes. My grandmother who passed away in February of this year.
4. been on the opposite side of your country? The closest I've come is Reno and Vegas.
5. swam in the ocean?Many, many, many times. We spent every summer in Charleston, SC growing up.
6. had your booze taken away by the cops?No, I'm too sneaky for that. Southern girls know how to hide their flasks and mini bottles very carefully ;)
7. lettered in high school sport?Does cheerleading count? I say YES. Our squad won first place in the state when I was Captain my senior year. Take that, haters.
8. played cops and robbers?Yes, with my bro when we were younger.
9. sung karaoke?I think so once in college maybe...I'm usually too embarrassed for that. Not enough alcohol I guess.
10. paid for a meal with coins only? Oh yes, the Taco Bell in Charleston...many times!
11. made prank phone calls? Is your fridge running?
12. laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose? Oh ya. 10th grade - will never forget it. Happened in front of a guy I had a crush on. Hmm, wonder why he never asked me out???
13. written a letter to Santa Claus? Yea, I think I mailed one when I was in college....HAHA.
14. watched the sunrise with someone you care about?No, I'm rarely awake when the sun comes up.
15. been kissed under the mistletoe? Sadly, no.
16. ever been arrested?No thank goodness. Knock on my head.
17. gone ice skating?Yes, in Charlotte NC once or twice. Fun!
18. been skinny dipping outdoors?No but I've always wanted too! Maybe I should tell Mr. P that...hmmm.....
19. been on TV? One time, when we went to NYC, we sat in on a talk show. I don't even remember the host. I think I had a 2 second shot in the camera. That's about it for me. I run from cameras.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Mark my words. By Christmas, my hair will be touching my collar bone if it kills me. My friend gave me a recommendation of some supplement you can take to make your hair grow faster. I'm gonna give it a shot! I love short hair on some people...ya'll can rock it. But on me, it just makes me feel like my face looks 5 inches wider on each side. Silly, I know. But I can't help it, it's how I feel. If I were thinner, I'd probably love this cut on me. (Like Posh, Halle Berry or Heather) You skinny bitches! ;)
I'm sorry to talk so much about Mr. P here lately but please bare with me! I'll have other non-Mr. P-stuff to post about this week, I promise! But until then...2 more short stories...
Yesterday when I took him back to his office after lunch (and after I noticed the Palin pic - grr...ha) he said "oh yea, I almost forgot. I got you a searcy." (In case ya'll don't know, a "searcy" is a treat or a surprise.) He acted all nervous and pulled out this cute little brown paper bag with a bow tied around it. I opened it up to find 2 really nice fancy schmancy soaps that smelled delicious! He said "I saw these and just thought you would like them." (I resisted saying "do I smell bad??") Needless to say he got a bit ole smooch and a hug for that! Aren't they nice??
Tonight I was complaining to him on the phone about how my toilet always runs and I have to do that "jiggle the handle" trick. You know...totally whining and playing the poor-little-me card. (which I know I shouldn't have but...) He immediately said "next time I'm over there, I'll fix that right up for ya." Melt. Gosh, I love a fix-it man. A+.
My last update that has nothing to do with Mr. P - yes the working out has fallen by the way side. I get a big fat F on my report card. I bought an Ipod Shuffle this week, and have all my songs downloaded on it so I'm ready to go. I've got my gym bag packed and I'm ready to roll. Even Mr. P will not stop me from seeing my other boyfriend "Jim" this week. It's ON like DONKEY KONG.
Have a great week all! I'll keep ya'll posted on my first day of work tomorrow. No blogging during the day for a while unfortunately though :(
Saturday, September 13, 2008
I got my eye on you, Palin...
Friday, September 12, 2008
Oh and PS I am sorry I haven't made the rounds on ya'lls blogs lately. I'll be there soon. I can see you...you can't run from me. I WILL find you...mooohahahhhahahhaha.....
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
I remember when I was on Match, this guy sent me a message basically saying he was interested in me. I messaged him back to say hello, thanks for the email, etc. and asked him a few questions about him. I did not hear from him until a week later when he said "sorry I have taken so long to respond. I have decided that I am just looking for friendship for right now. I hope you understand and good luck." Ok....it wasn't like I said back to him "will you marry me, I want to have your babies." I mean good Lord. We are just talking about having a drink or coffee. Geez. Men get too freaked sometimes. I think they think online dating is easier. It's really not.
Yesterday, I was really hoping to spend some more time with Mr. Potential. I really felt like I needed to after the weekend "funk." So sure enough, he called and asked me if I wanted to go get some ice cream with him. We did and just drove around in his truck for a while. He has another job that he works on the side for his best friend, and he took me up there to show me "the shop." It was pretty cute. We drove his "bike route" just because he wanted me to see where all he bikes.
It's such a different (yet nice) experience for me - him wanting me to show me his "world." The last guy I dated did not want me to hang out at his house, he did not want to meet my family or my friends, he pushed me away and would never ever just let me in. It was as though he wanted to be able to just up and run if he could - and did not want me to get attached.
Mr. P. (which I may soon starting calling him The Hunter - it's an appropriate nickname) is the exact opposite. He asks about my family and friends and wants to meet them all someday. He talks about us doing stuff in the future - as if he sees us together long term. Which, to be honest, scares the sh*t out of me. I'm so guarded. I wish I could trust more easily but it's hard.
The point of this ramble is that after last night, all of my doubts are gone. If things ever change, then I'll deal with it when the time comes. But for now, he doesn't deserve that kind of doubt.
Birthday night is Thursday! And thanks for all your feedback! I'm definitely going to have him over and cook something. And definitely have some whip cream...for the pie! Get your minds out of the gutter!! ;)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
I'm not really cleaning out my closet, but I AM in the process of cleaning out my office at work. Phew. Over 4 years of crap piled up. Sometimes I wish I could be more organized. I certainly am going to try so much harder at my new job. But I've been going through papers and folders - deciding what needs to be thrown out and what needs to be saved. I'm gonna miss this office in a way. It's the one thing about my job that I really liked. It's fairly large, with a fireplace and really nice furniture. And I have a window. I do not know exactly what my new office looks like. The building itself is nice, but I could end up in a closet with no window! Which is ok, as long as it's not a cube. (which it won't be, they don't have cubes.) I have heard some of the funniest stories though about people working in cubes. Doesn't mean I want to though! Eek..what a mess I've got going on!
Later update: Deb, you you have forced me to out myself. I am a closet (pun intended) Eminem fan. As nasty as he is, I love his nastiness! ha! I love his music - and for some reason I just find him SO sexy. So this little diddy is just for us...;) Enjoy!